Engineering & Design
The ability to assist in designing products for manufacturability and manage complex tooling programs are sustainable competitive advantages. Our engineering strength defines us as a company and has become an important resource for our customers.
Infinity Molding & Assembly has supported global OEM design and development of major programs with modern equipment and veteran technical staff. Strong internal engineering capabilities combined with our outside tool partners have created a niche to address complex geometric shapes requiring multiple cavities and class 'A' surface requirements across multiple industries. Developing engineering solutions for complex programs requires organizational priority and commitment to an advanced quality planning process.
At Infinity Molding & Assembly, this process encompasses a cross-functional approach combined with an understanding of customer criteria. From the moment the Infinity engineering group receives a new program opportunity, technical analysis drives the interface with our customer. Defining the critical dimensional requirements combined with an acute understanding of the molding process delivers a tool with integrity that meets our customer's needs.
Involvement with the customer at the earliest design stage has also proven to be the most cost effective approach to program development. This approach captures optimum design and eliminates the need to modify the design resulting in expensive engineering changes. Additionally the manufacturability issues of the customer are understood. Infinity Molding & Assembly factors the customer's assembly requirements into the design process, which makes it more cost effective.
- Mold Flow (see animation below)
- Mold Cool
Infinity Molding & Assembly maintains a fully staffed tool room with 3 full time journeyman toolmakers and 3 technicians. The shop is 4,000 sq ft and is primarily for engineering changes, repair and preventive maintenance. Additionally, we have developed close relationships with multiple tool sources in the local area. Infinity has also worked with international tool sources and takes full responsibility for managing the tooling process.
On-Site Tool Equipment
EDM, Surface Grinders, Bench Mills, Lathes, Ultrasonic Cleaning,
CNC Machining Center, Mold Trac Database
Program management is the key to a seamless program launch and the technical contact between Infinity Molding & Assembly and the customer. This function provides significant differentiation from the competition and gives the customer a strong internal advocate. Infinity Molding & Assembly's customer partners can expect the program manager to deliver the following services and support:
- Project Definition
- Define steps to reach quality objectives for fit, form and function through APQP initiatives
- Project Timing
- Determine quickest route through critical path definition
- Map with Microsoft Project
- Financial Planning and Management
- Identify and communicate all changes and potential manufacturing issues related to program costs
- Design Control / Issues Tracking
- Monitor and facilitate design changes
- Resolve design issues with appropriate authorization
- Data Tracking
- Maintain history of model changes
- Key data track through program log
- Tooling Management
- Design interface
- Source and manage prototype and production tooling
- Production program management
- Provide technical support for manufacturing
- Identify design enhancements to increase productivity and reduce cost